As PMRA raises grave concerns with a first stage letter on Haringey’s Area Action Plan, residents from across our area, including Hornsey Park, Sky City, Caxton & Mayes Road and Tower Terrace met Beth Kay, Head of Regeneration and Emma Williamson, Assistant Director – Planning Services to object to ill thought out proposals for wholesale demolition and redevelopment and an accompanying lack of environmental aspiration and means to convert unfeasible levels of building density and height into acceptable development.
There will be a General Meeting at 8pm on 26th April, 2017 to review the objections from across the area and, in particular our sub area west of the High Road to the railway and south of Station Road to Turnpike Lane. Meanwhile, the planning applications and pre planning discussions keep mounting up:
- Heartlands – planning permission granted/ reserved matters consent given: site being cleared ready for a start in 2018
- Heartlands Building C7: application for reserved matters consent made
- Chocolate Factory/ Workplace: applicant’s consultation undertaken – application expected imminently
- Iceland Site: applicant’s consultation undertaken – application expected imminently
- Bitten Place: pre planning work by Haringey council in progress likely to be agreed once HDV in place
- Premier Inn – 148 bed hotel on BHS site announced at MIPIM
- A £6m 78 bed Travelodge hotel in The Mall is already under construction
This image shows the size of development that will completely obliterate the filter beds, the Grade 2 Listed tanks, the openness around the Penstock Path and all of the nature there.